Marnie Oursler has been awarded with Professional Builder magazine’s 40 Under 40. Each year the publication features professionals from across the country who demonstrate leadership and innovation in the home building industry.
Marnie Oursler, 35
President, Founder, Marnie Homes, Inc., Bethany Beach, Del.
• BS, BE, Information Technology, Education, East Carolina University
• Candidate for MBA Cross-Continent Program, Duke University
• Founded Marnie Homes, which builds high-end, custom beach houses, in 2007
• Built first certified LEED home in Delaware in 2009
• Increased annual revenue from $450,000 in 2007 to more than $3.5 million in 2011
• Built home constructed of 95 percent American-made materials in 2012
• Founder, The Angel Breaks Foundation
• Member, National Association of Custom Home Builders; Bethany-Fenwick Chamber of Commerce
OFF THE CLOCK
• Hobbies: going to the beach, exercising, triathlons, and swimming in the ocean
• Favorite flick: “’The Goonies.’ It reminds me of being young and carefree. I always want to stay young at heart.”
• Favorite food: McDonald’s French fries
• Great, great grandfather built the Delaware Memorial Bridge